The video manager is home to all your uploads: here you can easily see, search, and manage all your videos. Only you (and the team members you’ve allowed to manage your account, if you’re a Pro, Business, or Premium member) have access to your video manager. You can manage your videos from the home page when you log in, or access the video manager by hovering over "Manage" in the top navigation and clicking on "My videos" from the menu. Here's a short overview video to give you the lay of the land.
Browsing the video manager
When you navigate to Vimeo.com, you’ll find yourself in the video manager. The video manager houses all videos uploaded to your account, both public and private, as well as your video drafts, your showcases, and any live events you might have. When you first land on the video manager, at the top of the page you’ll see the three most recent videos uploaded to your account, with each video’s title, thumbnail, duration, date added, and whether the video is private or not (just hover over the lock icon to know exactly which privacy setting it has). To display more of your videos, click the arrow on the top right of the video row, or click “View all.”
The Videos tab
If you click on “View all” or the Videos tab in the sidebar, you’ll be taken to a page where you can see all the videos and folders you’ve ever created. You’ll also be able to sort all your videos by title or the date the video was modified or added.
Speaking of the search bar - looking for one video in particular? There’s a search bar at the top of the Videos page. Just click on the magnifying glass at the top right of the page.
There, you’ll be able to find videos on your account by searching for words or phrases in their titles.
You can also select between grid view and list view for viewing your videos by clicking the grid or list icon at the top right above the first row of your videos.
Performing bulk actions
You can also perform bulk actions on a subset of videos. You can select a video by checking the box at the left side of its row (depending on if you are in grid-view or list-view).
Sobald du mit der Auswahl von Videos beginnst, werden folgende Bulk-Optionen angezeigt:
- Zu den Sammlungen hinzufügen: Fügen Sie die ausgewählten Videos zu Ihren vorhandenen Präsentationen, Gruppen, Kanälen oder Portfolios hinzu. (Erfahren Sie mehr über das Hinzufügen von privaten Videos in Sammlungen.)
- Move: Move the selected videos to a project that you specify. (Learn more about projects.)
- DatenschutzÄndere, wer auf deine ausgewählten Videos zugreifen oder sie kommentieren kann. Und ob sie eingebettet oder heruntergeladen werden können.
- Löschen: Löschen Sie die ausgewählten Videos nach der Eingabe Ihres Kennworts dauerhaft aus Ihrem Konto (Teammitglieder können diese Aktion nicht ausführen).
Änderungen an einzelnen Videos
If you want to make more granular changes to an individual video, you can navigate to its settings from the video manager by clicking the video’s thumbnail. Check out this article for more about video settings.
(Side note: if you want to edit the settings of all your videos at once, go to the Videos tab in your Account settings. After making changes to your Upload default, make sure to check the box next to “Also apply to all existing videos” before you save. Read more about upload defaults here.)
There are several additional icons that will allow you to perform actions associated with the video. In list mode, these icons will appear if you hover over the video.
In grid mode, they’ll appear underneath the video thumbnail.
- Review: This icon looks like a small speech bubble with a check mark in it. Clicking it will lead you to the video’s review page. If you have a Basic or Plus account, this review page will only be a demo, and will not be shareable. Read more about review pages here.
- Send file: This icon looks like a paper with an arrow in it pointing upward and to the right. It will take you to the video’s download page, which you can share with others. If downloads aren’t enabled for the video, you’ll be asked to enable them if you want to use this feature.
- Publish to social: This icon looks like two parallel lines with arrows at either end. It will allow you to publish the video to your connected social accounts. Go here to read more about this feature.
There are other features you can access from the Videos tab as well. Just click the ellipses (...) icon to open the additional menu. These features include:
- Analytics: Clicking on the small graph icon will take you to the analytics panel, showing you data for this particular video from the past 30 days. Read more about analytics here.
- Embed icon: The < / > icon will take you to the embed settings page.
- Replace video: Clicking this will take you to the Collaboration tab in your video’s settings, where you’ll be able to replace the current file with another file. The versions can be compared in the review page.
- Download: Clicking this will open up a modal where you can download all the different available versions of your video. This is not shareable.
The Drafts tab
Clicking “Drafts” in the left-hand column will take you to any Vimeo Create drafts you may have begun.
Underneath the thumbnail of your draft video, you’ll see a little pencil icon. Clicking this icon will take you to Vimeo Create where you’ll be able to edit your video draft, add or remove footage, and more. There’s also an ellipses (...) icon, which lets you do a few more things: save the video, make a copy of the video, edit the name of the video, and delete the video. Read this article for a full walkthrough of Create.