While Vimeo offers a wide range of music from our library for you to select from, you can also upload your own soundtrack from your device.
Supported audio file types include MP3, M4P, WMA, ADTS, OGG, and WAV.
In this article, learn how to:
To add a music track from the music library in Create editor:
- Select Music in the sidebar. You can select from Featured tracks, All Music, and Recent tracks.
- Preview tracks by hovering over the thumbnail for that track.
- Replace a previously added track by selecting another or select None if you would like no music.
Selecting All Music will allow you to filter tracks by moods, genres, types, and categories.
💡Tip: You can hide the filter options by selecting the Filters button. Select the Filters button again to show filter options.
Uploading your own music:
You can also upload a music track from your local device if you own the music or have obtained all necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video as required by Vimeo’s Terms of Service.
To upload your own music in Create editor:
- Select Music in the sidebar of Create editor.
- Select Upload Music
- Confirm that you agree to Vimeo's music submission terms, as required by Vimeo's Terms of Service.
- Upload your audio file from your local device.
- By uploading a music track, you are confirming that you own the music or have obtained the necessary licenses to incorporate it into a video as required by Vimeo's Terms of Service.
- Videos that have uploaded music tracks will automatically be set to Private. You will not be able to change the privacy settings on the video.
- Videos containing your uploaded music track will not be able to use the embed feature.
- Subscription services such as Apple Music, Google Play Music, and Spotify do not allow their music to be uploaded and or/used in Create.