This feature is available on the Create app for iOS.
The teleprompter on the Create app for iOS lets you create a script and have it appear on your screen while you record your video, allowing you to read your dialogue. The script will not be visible in the final video.
The teleprompter is made up of clips. Each clip can have a script added that will scroll across the screen as you record.
How to set up your teleprompter:
You can set up a teleprompter from the home screen of the Create mobile app.
To set up the teleprompter:
- Select Record clips from the homescreen.
- Select the teleprompter button to open the teleprompter menu.
- Type out your script in the text box under the clip. If you'd like to break up your script into multiple clips, select + New Clip to add a new clip to your teleprompter.
- When you have finished adding your clips, select Save to return to the record screen.
As you add your script, you can see the estimated runtime of each clip based on the volume of text and the speed that it scrolls.
💡Tip: If you would like to delete a clip, select the ⋯ icon at the end of the row.
How to record a video using the teleprompter
After setting up your teleprompter, you can begin to record your video clips.
- Select the red record button at the bottom of the screen to start recording your first clip. Your script will begin to scroll up the screen.
- To stop recording, select the record button once more. This will bring you to the main recording screen with the script for the next clip displayed.
- Press Record to record the next clips.
- Repeat this process until all clips are recorded.
- When you’re happy with your recording, select Save. This will save the video to your Vimeo account.