Vimeo supports direct uploading from several third-party hosting services: Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have an integration with OneDrive for Business.
- Visit the upload page and click on your preferred service, located under the More ways to upload menu.
- You’ll be prompted to log in to your account. From there, you can select the video files you’d like to upload to Vimeo.
- Once the video converts and becomes playable on your Vimeo account, you can safely delete the file from the hosting service.
- If you have opted-in to source file storage, Vimeo will maintain a copy of the source file on our server.
⚠️Note: This only applies to source files uploaded from Dropbox after September of 2016.
Automatic uploading from Dropbox
Dropbox users also have the option of automatically uploading videos within a specified directory of their Dropbox account.
- To enable this feature, log in and visit your Vimeo account settings.
- Then, click on Connected apps.
- Find Dropbox in the list of applications and click Connect.
- When prompted, log in to Dropbox and click Allow. Your Dropbox account will now be connected to Vimeo.
- To select an auto-upload directory, click the Dropbox Settings link.
- Choose the desired folder, then Save. From this point on, any video files added to this directory will be automatically uploaded to your Vimeo account.
- Videos that exceed your weekly quota will not appear on your Vimeo account. Once your quota resets, these videos will not automatically upload. You must rename or remove/replace these files in your auto-upload directory in order to initiate a new upload attempt.
- Automatic uploading is not currently supported for Google Drive, OneDrive, or Box.
- Only videos in the root folder will be uploaded. Videos contained within subfolders will not be recognized for upload. If you'd like to upload from a subfolder, you'll need to select that folder for automatic uploading within your account settings (https://vimeo.com/settings/apps).
💡Tip: If your videos are not transferring, try disconnecting/reconnecting to Dropbox in your Vimeo account settings, and then rename or remove/replace the video files in your auto-upload directory. If you continue to have trouble, don’t hesitate to contact us.