To watch a downloaded VOD title with captions or subtitles, you’ll need to download both the video and the caption files to your computer. Follow these steps to download the appropriate files and view them using VLC.
- You can download both the video and captions or subtitles of these files by going to the title’s VOD page, then clicking the Download button.
- In the window that appears, select the desired video file for download and the desired caption file for download.
⚠️Note: You can also download these files by hovering over the title in your Purchases and clicking the green download icon.
- Once you’ve downloaded both files, you’ll need to use them with a media player that supports caption files. We recommend VLC because it is compatible with a wide range of operating systems and file formats. You can download it for free here.
- Open the downloaded video file in VLC Media Player.
- From the menu, click Subtitles, then Add Subtitle File.
- Select the downloaded .SRT file, click Open, and enjoy!