We frequently hear from people who have accidentally created multiple accounts by logging in to Vimeo via Facebook, Google, or Apple. This can happen when you follow the "Login with Facebook/Google/Apple" prompt via the app or a mobile browser. The following points should help resolve any issues caused by duplicate accounts:
- If you created your account via Facebook, you'll need to set a password before you can take action on it (such as deletion) — here's how you can do that. This step is required to ensure that you'll be able to maintain access to your Vimeo account separately from Facebook in the future.
- If you created or uploaded any videos on a duplicate account that was generated through Facebook, Google, or Apple, you'll need to set your password before you can edit or manage those videos.
- If you created your account using your Apple ID, you may have used the “Hide My Email” feature that provides Vimeo with a random, private email address. To find and manage accounts created using Sign-In with Apple, follow the instructions on Apple’s Support site here.
- If you created a duplicate account on Vimeo, and wish to delete one, follow the steps here to do so.
- If you no longer have access to a duplicate account, please reference the steps here or fill out this form.
- While we can't merge accounts, we can move videos from one account to another. If you have multiple accounts that have videos, feel free to request a video transfer using the information here.