With a Vimeo Showcase, you can organize videos together to share with your users. You can select from up to three templates, and then customize the appearance. Vimeo users at all levels can use showcases, but only Enterprise accounts can stream live to private showcases. If you're not currently an Enterprise member, but would be interested in hearing more, please reach out to us here and we'll get back to you.
Here's an overview about using showcases—read more here:
Creating a Showcase
- Head to your Video Manager.
- In the left Sidebar, click the plus sign (+) next to the "Showcase" header to start building a new Showcase. You’ll be taken to a new page where you can input the name and description of your Showcase, as well as set its privacy level.
Adding details to your Showcase
- Once created, you’ll be able to set the Title, Description, and Privacy for your Showcase in Info & Privacy.
- Make sure the privacy level is set to “Only people on my team”
Adding and arranging videos
- To add a video to a Showcase, open the Showcase you would like to start with and then press the grey “+ Add Video” button and select the content you would like to add to the Showcase from the lightbox. Then press the blue “Add” button to save your changes.
- To arrange videos within a Showcase, hover over the selected video and drag it into the order of your choosing.
Adding live events
- To add a live event to a Showcase, open the Showcase and then press “Create live event”. From there, you’ll be able to set the Event Title, Privacy, Description, and Frequency.
- You can also Enable Chat to support Interactivity tools. More on this here.
- The Frequency can be Ad hoc, Daily, Weekly, or Custom. Once you set the Frequency, you can customize the day and time. This will reflect the countdown as it appears over the live event in your Showcase.
- Live events will automatically be added as your Featured Video, but you can change this by dragging the video into a separate order.
- Note that the video will not go live until you go live from your live streaming software. More on this here.
Customizing your Showcase
- Once you’ve created your Showcase, you’ll be able to add custom assets and select from one of three layout templates.
- First, direct to “Assets” in the left sidebar of your Showcase.
- Upload a thumbnail from your computer or select one from a video in your Showcase.
- Upload a custom logo.
- Select an accent color that will apply to the top ribbon and video controls.
- Make sure you click “Save”.
- Next, direct to “Web” in the left sidebar of your Showcase.
- Select one of three layout templates: Default, Featured, or Live.
- Select from a light or dark theme.
- Remove or display the Vimeo navigation.
- Enable use of the custom logo you uploaded in your Assets.
- Enable use of the accent color you set in your Assets.
- Toggle the Share button on or off.
- Allow or disable downloads.
- You can preview these changes at any time by clicking “Preview”—you can opt to preview on the web, tablet, or mobile web by selecting the dropdown on the far right.
- Make sure you click “Save”.
Customizing a showcase domain
As an Enterprise member, you can use a custom domain for your Showcase. Vimeo now supports the ability to add another layer of security to your connected custom domain with HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure).
HTTPS transmits its data security using an encrypted connection, ensuring that the connection to your domain is encrypted, and preventing potential attackers from accessing or impersonating your site. When you connect to an HTTPS-secured server, secure sites will automatically redirect you to the HTTPS version.
To set up a custom domain for your Showcase, you can use a domain that you already own (https://my-rad-site.com), set up a subdomain on your existing website (https://showcase.my-rad-site.com), or purchase a new domain to use (https://my-new-site.com).
- Set up your domain – Purchase a domain from a registrar such as DreamHost.com, name.com, or 1and1.com. Alternately, you can set up a subdomain on your existing site. (Contact your registrar or hosting service for instructions.)
- Update your CNAME Record or A Record – If you want your showcase to live on a subdomain (https://showcase.my-rad-site.com), you will need to follow your registrar's instructions for updating your CNAME Record so that it points to vimeoshowcase.com. If you want your showcase to live on your main domain (https://my-rad-site.com), follow your domain registrar’s instructions to set the domain’s A-Record to 126.96.36.199.
If you currently have an HTTP connection set up, it will stay connected to your Showcase. If you’d like to use HTTPS, you’ll need to update the DNS records on your domain provider’s end. You will find the DNS records to update on your domain provider’s end below:
- CNAME: vimeoshowcase.com
- A Record: 188.8.131.52
Note: It may take up to 72 hours for these changes to take effect.
- Update your showcase settings – In your Showcase Settings, enter your domain or subdomain by navigating to Web > Domain > Connect a domain you already own.
- Test your new showcase domain – Open a new browser window and navigate to the domain or subdomain you just set up. You should now see your Showcase! If you don't see it, and it has been more than 72 hours since you updated your CNAME or A-Record, contact your domain registrar for further assistance.