Vimeo Enterprise allows you to use Vimeo OTT, our over-the-top white label service, as your primary domain (yoursite.com), or as a subdomain (watch.yoursite.com). This is not a feature available for any Vimeo accounts except for Enterprise; if you're interested in upgrading to this option, you should reach out to us here.
If you're setting up a custom Vimeo OTT domain, it’s important to talk to your TPM about this option during implementation to ensure a smooth setup.
Step 1: Registering a domain
- There are multiple services available for registering a domain. Some of the most popular are GoDaddy, MediaTemple, and Amazon Web Services.
Step 2: Set up the Domain
- Once the domain is registered, DNS modifications need to be made to point the domain to Vimeo OTT.
- For primary domains:
- Point ‘www’ CNAME to ‘dns.vimeo.tv’
- For Subdomains:
- Point the subdomain value CNAME to 'dns.vimeo.tv'
- Note: For subdomains, you may use any value that is appended to your domain. It may be ‘watch’, ‘buy’, ‘live’, etc.
Step 3: Set the A Record
(For Primary Domains Only. If you are using a Subdomain, skip this step)
- Usually denoted with an ‘@’ symbol, this record should point to 22.214.171.124.
- This will automatically add ‘www.’ if a user types in your domain without it.
Step 4: Save changes in OTT settings page
Next, head to your Vimeo OTT settings page. Scroll down to the Custom Domain box and enter the site address (note use http:// instead of https:// for this). Click Test Domain to verify all looks good. If it does, click Save.
Step 5: Alert Your TPM
When step 3 is completed, reach out to your TPM and firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Our Solutions team will toggle a system-level flag to enable the new custom domain with enabled SSL.