Below are some caveats and limitations you should know about when reviewing your analytics.
In this article:
Certain views not recorded
If you notice that the number of views on your event is lower than you expected, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Viewers watched with “Do not track” enabled on their browser
- Multiple views logged on the same device on different browser tabs or applications.
- For example, five different browser tabs viewing your stream on the same device will register as five views and one unique viewer.
- Your own views on your event do not count while you are logged into your account.
- You are streaming your event via a third-party player (e.g. M3U8 player)
- Live analytics data for views that occur outside of our player are not passed on to our backend, so we recommend using the Vimeo player if you want to track engagement with your video.
If you believe none of the above situations apply and your numbers are still off, please contact us to investigate.
If you’re streaming to Vimeo but also simulcasting to other locations like YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, or an RTMP destination, your analytics from those platforms are not available on Vimeo until after your stream ends.