Below are some caveats and limitations you should know about when reviewing your analytics.
Certain views not recorded
If you notice that the number of views on your event is lower than you expected, it could be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Viewers watched in an incognito/private browser window
- Viewers watched with “Do not track” enabled on their browser
- Multiple viewers watching on a shared network where they all share the same IP address.
- For example, five viewers on the same IP address will register as one view and one viewer.
- Your own views on your event do not count while you are logged into your account.
If you believe none of the above situations apply and your numbers are still off, please contact us to investigate.
If you’re streaming to Vimeo but also simulcasting to other locations like YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, or an RTMP destination, your analytics from those platforms are not available on Vimeo until after your stream ends.