What is the logic behind the order of videos displayed on my profile page?
There are many scenarios that need to be considered when discussing the order of videos being displayed.
If you do not have any sections on your profile page:
- The manually positioned clips will appear first. This includes rearranged videos.
- Then the remaining videos will be shown in the order of their uploaded date (newest to oldest).
- From the remaining videos, all removed videos will be filtered out. This consists of videos removed from the profile page by clicking on the “remove from profile” button and videos whereby the privacy or rating is changed.
You can also choose to reposition clips and this will take precedence. For example, if you upload new videos they will be shown after these specifically positioned videos.
If you do have multiple sections with no videos arranged:
- Uploaded videos will appear in the last section as the first video.
If you do have multiple sections with videos arranged in the last section:
- Videos will appear after the rearranged/pinned videos in the last section.
Note: Only public videos and public trailer videos will be shown on the profile page.
I am seeing the incorrect number of videos on my Profile page. Why is this happening?
There are multiple reasons for this. Let’s go through a few!
- If your viewing preference is set to not see mature content, then no videos will be shown on the profile page - even if they are your own.
- Videos will only appear if they are public. Whether they will be shown or not to the visitor depends on the visitor's viewing preference and the rating they have set for themselves.
- You might have disabled "Automatically add videos" option. If that is the case, you can click on the “Add Video” module to manually add them to your page!
I want to add a video via the “Add Video” module. However, the video is not showing up?
It’s important to note that private videos will not appear immediately. If you update your private videos to public, it may take a few moments to appear. If after 15 minutes the video is not appearing, please reach out to our Support Team.
If you’re not seeing your public videos at all via that module, reach out to our Support Team with the video URL and we can look into it!
I removed a section. What will happen to the order of my videos sections in profile page?
Once you remove a section, the videos in this section will become part of the previous section above. If it is the first section that is deleted, the videos stay where they are.
What are the categories at the top of profile pages and how can I edit them?
The labels across the top of your profile are the categories associated with your videos. Clicking onto any single label will sort the grid accordingly. You can add categories to your videos through your video’s settings page.
How do you highlight specific video comments?
If there are comments on your video, then you will see a “Featured Comment” button when you hover over the video. Clicking on that will give you the option to choose a comment to highlight on your profile page.