If you’re looking for a guided video creation experience, Vimeo Create’s guided templates offer a new form of creation based AI to provide specific scene compositions, structured messaging, and design - without predefined footage or text. This allows for a streamlined workflow that also still ensures that each of your videos are unique and special.
Like Vimeo Create, guided templates are available to Pro, Business, and Premium-level users (you can go here to upgrade your account if you wish). A preview of the Create tool is also available to Basic and Plus users; however, you won't be able to save or publish your video. Guided templates, and the rest of the full functionality of the Vimeo Create tool, are only available to account owners, not admins, contributors, or any other team member on an account.
To get started, select a guided template from one of the many templates available to Vimeo Create users here:
These templates have a ‘magic wand’ icon towards the top-right corner, signifying that they offer a guided experience. You’ll find numerous guided templates for different types of Create videos, and we’re always adding more.
As a note, if you connect your Shopify and Vimeo accounts, you will only be shown our Guided Shopify templates upon navigating to Vimeo Create. You can select from all available templates by clicking ‘Show Categories’:
Shopify connected users do not see the ‘Stores’ category, as their commerce templates are custom to take advantage of the Shopify API integration.
Once you’ve selected your template, you’ll choose the aspect ratio of the video you’d like to create. You can choose from portrait, landscape, or square.
After picking your video’s orientation, you will select the media items for your video. For guided templates, you’ll select a maximum number of 5 media items.
You can choose from existing media, such as the Getty stock video library, and videos you’ve previously uploaded to your Vimeo library. You can also upload new content by connecting your Google Photos account, or by uploading clips directly from your computer.
When you’ve finished selecting the clips and photos you’d like to use, you’ll be guided through a set of prompts and questions which will craft the text for your video and determine where it will be displayed. The information you are asked for will be different for each guided template, as each guided template is designed with different video creators in mind.
After you have run through the process to input the information you want displayed on your video, you’ll find yourself at the Review portion of your guided template experience. Here, you’ll be able to adjust the design of a number of elements in your video to ensure the video is custom to your vision.
There are numerous design tweaks you can make to your video, including:
- Styles: Click on the magic wand button to change the style of your video at any point of the editing process.
- Music: You can choose from preexisting music, which is available to use on any Vimeo video, on or off the site. You can also upload your own music by clicking on the button in the upper right corner of the modal window marked ‘Upload your music’. If you choose to upload your own songs, you’ll see a pop up window which asks you to agree that you own said music or have obtained the proper license to incorporate it into your videos.
Please be aware that videos with custom music cannot be made public on Vimeo or any of the Vimeo apps, even if you’ve obtained the necessary licensing. They can only be downloaded or published to social. The only available privacy setting for videos with custom music is “Only me.” This type of privacy setting can work for teams who are collaborating on a single account (such as Enterprise-level teams). Read more about privacy settings in this article. Videos that are locked to “Only me” can be embedded, however please note that no one apart from yourself will be able to watch the clip.
Accepted audio file types: MP3, MP4, WMA, ADTS, OGG, WAV, WAVE.
- Font: Click on the font button to choose the font you’d like to use for the text on your video.
- Color: Click on the palette button to choose from existing color palettes or add your brand’s colors.
- Brand Kit: Business users can click on the brand & logo button to bring up the brand kit. This is where you can upload custom logos and color palettes, change the font, and add an outro message. (Please note that at this time, it's not possible to upload a custom font, only select from the existing fonts in the system).
When you’ve finished your selections, click “Preview” and a preview of your video will begin generating. Once the preview has been created, it will become a draft in your video manager. If you are satisfied with the video and don’t want to make additional changes, you can click “Add to Videos” and we will begin uploading the video to your Vimeo account. If you’d like to make some changes, just click on the “Edit” button to proceed to the editor. Your draft video will remain available for further editing even after the video is uploaded to your account. To remove drafts, click the dotted menu and “Delete”.
To learn more about Vimeo Create, we recommend starting from our Vimeo Create Overview article.