If your site is hosted on GoDaddy, you’ll now be able to upload videos directly to your website or marketing site with a custom integration that lets you work seamlessly between Vimeo and GoDaddy. Video is a crucial part of engaging a digital audience; by bringing Vimeo’s state-of-the-art video player right into your GoDaddy-hosted site, you can increase your site’s engagement and visual appeal, and have it performing at its best.
You can upload up to three videos without connecting to your Vimeo account; once you’ve reached the limit of three, you’ll be asked to create an account or connect to an existing account. Depending on the level of your account, you’ll be able to then upload additional videos (see details about account types and limitations on Vimeo here).
Connecting your Vimeo account to your GoDaddy site
You can upload up to three videos before you need to connect your GoDaddy and Vimeo accounts. Once you connect your Vimeo account, any videos you uploaded via GoDaddy will be merged into the account you connect. Your videos will appear in both your GoDaddy account (in the media library) and in the Video Manager of your Vimeo account.
To connect your account, follow the step-by-step directions on GoDaddy’s documentation.
Why connect your account?
Connecting your account gives you customization abilities and added video storage. With a Vimeo Basic account, you can upload up to 500 MB per week or up to a total of 5 GB, whichever comes first. If you need to upload more videos per week or more videos in total, or you want the ability to customize your player or control the privacy of your videos, you may upgrade your Vimeo account for an additional cost. See a breakdown of the available plans here, or upgrade here.
Connecting a Vimeo account gains you the following features, depending on the Vimeo account level:
- Up to 7 TB of video storage, and the ability to host and manage all your videos in one place on Vimeo’s video manager;
- Access to Vimeo Create, and the ability to make high-impact videos with your own branding to share on your social channels;
- The ability to embed and distribute across the web — with robust analytics so you can see how your videos are performing;
- Customizations options for the embedded player on your site;
- Privacy controls that let you determine which sites your video can be embedded upon;
- Marketing and lead generation tools such as custom calls-to-action, end screens, and more.