All Vimeo members can create GIFs from their videos using our embeddable GIFs tool. If you are a Vimeo Business, Premium or Enterprise member, you can also connect your Vimeo account to a host of email marketing platforms and use our new Embed in Email tool to embed animated GIFs from your uploaded videos to your email campaigns, which can help you engage with your audience.
All Vimeo users can embed their GIFs into Gmail messages. To unlock contact forms in the embedded player and utilize our host of marketing tools, consider upgrading to Vimeo Business or Premium.
With embeddable GIFs, you’ll improve your campaign’s chances of getting noticed and acquiring potential customers. Adding videos to your email can significantly increase the click through rate of your messages.
In this article:
Create a GIF
⚠️Note: Unfortunately, it's not possible to create a GIF with videos labeled as 360. If you are trying to create a GIF using an existing 360 video, you will have to delete and re-upload the video without checking the option for the video to be 360.
- Open a video and click GIF in the upper left corner.
- In the modal that opens, click Create a GIF.
- In the window that opens, choose the start and end points of your video either by dragging the blue brackets or editing the Start and End fields. When you are done, click Create GIF.
- The GIF will appear in the GIF panel. Click Create a GIF to create another; you can have up to four GIFs in this panel at a time.
Share your GIF
Click Share next to your GIF to pull up the following options:
- Download: You can download your GIF to your computer, allowing you to share it anywhere you'd like. You can either download a small file (best for email) or a larger file (best for social media).
- Copy link: This will copy the link of the GIF file hosted on Vimeo, which you can paste anywhere. Some destinations will render the GIF (e.g. Facebook) but others will not.
- Embed in email: This is where you can include the GIF in your email campaigns. Gmail is available to all users; all other providers and the generic code are available to Business members and higher.
- 💡Tip: The generic code is good for embedding the GIF onto a website, blog, or somewhere other than an email.
Delete a GIF
You can create four GIFs that are up to six seconds in length each per video. If you already have four GIFs saved to your video and would like to create a new one, you’ll need to delete one of the existing four GIFs first.
Click the trash can icon to the right of the Share dropdown to delete your GIF. Note that deleting your GIF will break the GIF in any emails where it’s been embedded.
Remove the Vimeo watermark from a GIF
Please note that a Vimeo watermark will be added to your GIF if you are a Basic member. To remove the watermark from your image, you can upgrade to a paid membership. After you upgrade, the watermark will be automatically removed.