All Vimeo members can create GIFs from their videos using our new embeddable GIFs tool. If you are a Vimeo Business or Premium member, you can also connect your Vimeo account to a host of email marketing platforms and use our new Embed in Email tool to embed animated GIFs from your uploaded videos to your email campaigns, which can help you engage with your audience.
All Vimeo users can embed their GIFs into Gmail messages. To unlock contact forms in the embedded player and utilize our host of marketing tools, consider upgrading to Vimeo Business or Premium.
With embeddable GIFs, you’ll improve your campaign’s chances of getting noticed and acquiring potential customers. Adding videos to your email can significantly increase the click through rate of your messages.
After uploading your new video, you’ll be able to create a GIF by going to your video, clicking the Advanced button on the right side to see additional settings, opening the General tab on your video’s Settings page, and scrolling down to the section labeled GIF.
⚠️Note: Unfortunately, it's not possible to create a GIF with videos labeled as 360. If you are trying to create a GIF using an existing 360 video, you will have to delete and re-upload the video without checking the option for the video to be 360.
Click Create a GIF to get started. A modal will open with your video, where you can choose the start and end point of your GIF either by dragging the blue brackets on the video, or by editing the Start and End fields below. When you are satisfied with your GIF, click Create GIF.
After a moment, the GIF will appear in the settings panel. Click into it to open a modal with more options, including:
- Embed in email: This is where you can include the GIF in your email campaigns. Gmail is available to all users; all other providers and the generic code are available to Business members and higher.
- 💡Tip: The generic code is good for embedding the GIF onto a website, blog, or somewhere other than an email.
- Download: You can download your GIF to your computer, allowing you to share it anywhere you'd like. You can either download a small file (best for email) or a larger file (best for social media).
- Copy link: This will copy the link of the GIF file hosted on Vimeo, which you can paste anywhere. Some destinations will render the GIF (e.g. Facebook) but others will not.
- Delete: Delete the GIF from the video.
You can create three GIFs that are up to six seconds in length each per video. If you already have three GIFs saved to your video and would like to create a new one, you’ll need to delete one of the existing three GIFs first.
Please note that a Vimeo watermark will be added to your GIF if you are a Basic member. To remove the watermark from your image, you can upgrade to a paid membership. After you upgrade, the watermark will be automatically removed.