With an Advanced plan, you can stream up to two (2) different events on your account simultaneously from different encoders (you can unlock access to more concurrent live events with an Enterprise account). Each of your concurrent events can be configured to simulcast to different streaming destinations allowing you to reach different audiences with each of your events.
For example, you can stream a webinar to LinkedIn at the same time as a product announcement on Facebook, all from different events on the same Vimeo account.
In this article:
- Start simulcasting to different destinations
- Can I stream concurrent events to the same simulcast destination?
Start simulcasting to different destinations
1. Start by setting up an event.
2. In the Destinations tab, you can choose your desired simulcast destination for that event. Doing so will not impact simulcast destinations on any other event.
3. Go live to your event and you should see the event live in your selected destination momentarily.
4. While that event is live, you or a team admin are free to configure a different event on your Vimeo account, choose a different simulcast destination, and go live from a different encoder. It will not interfere with your previously ongoing stream on Vimeo.
Can I stream concurrent events to the same simulcast destination?
Generally, yes. The specific experience depends on how you simulcast.
- Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn integrations: If you stream separate events to the same destination simultaneously, (e.g. both events go to the same Facebook page), both events will stream concurrently in separate locations.
- Facebook will create separate posts on the same page.
- YouTube will create separate pages for each event on your account.
- LinkedIn will create separate posts on the same page.
- RTMP: As a best practice, you should use separate RTMP destinations if you wish to stream different destinations concurrently (you can add up to 20 to your account).
- Any RTMP destination added to your events prior to February 8, 2021 (the date of this update) will appear as a simulcast option on all existing events.
- When you create a new live event, you will need to add your desired simulcast destination to that event manually.
- Any simulcast destination you enable for a recurring event will remain enabled for each recurring stream on that event by default (you can always disable it).