Use Vimeo's trimmer tool to remove unwanted sections from your video’s beginning and end.
The video trimmer tool is available on the Video Page (desktop only) to the left of the player.
Set the video length by holding and dragging the trimmer handles. You can move the needle in the trimmer bar to preview the video scenes and ease the trimming start/endpoint selection.
You can also enter the values manually or use the keyboard when the handle is selected:
0.2 second (00:00:20) step
Arrow + shift-click
2 second (0:02) step
⚠️ Please note the following about the trim tool:
- Videos can be trimmed in units of 20 milliseconds (0:00:20) and above.
- Currently, videos can be trimmed at the beginning and end. It’s not possible to extract selected sections from the middle of the video.
- The tool is not enabled for 360-degree videos or videos that were uploaded to Vimeo prior to October, 2013.
- Basic and Plus members' videos that were trimmed using this tool cannot be untrimmed once saved. The new trimmed version will replace the original one, and it cannot be restored.
- For Basic and Plus users, the trimmed video would take up the full quota space if the original video is not uploaded within the same week.
- For Pro or higher membership users, you will have the option to delete the previous version of the untrimmed video to gain the full quota space back.
- Currently, the trim tool is not enabled for VOD(video-on-demand) videos.