Splitting scenes allows you to cut a scene at a specific desired moment to shorten part of one scene and make a second entirely new scene. Cutaway scenes cannot be split.
💡Tip: Both scenes must be longer than 0.5 seconds after the split.
To split scenes in the Create app:
- Tap on the scene to edit or on its Timeline bar.
- Drag the needle anywhere in the scene on the Timeline and select the split icon () from the bottom menu
- The scene will then be split into the remaining segment from where the needle was dragged.
- If the scene has a text box or sticker running through the entire scene, the text/sticker will be shown in both scenes after the split.
- If there are multiple text boxes and stickers in the original scene, their appearance in each scene after the split will depend on where you split the scene and also how long they are shown in the original scene.