Hosting a showcase on your own website allows you to share curated content from Vimeo with your audience without sacrificing any of your branding or other site features. Read on to learn how to set up a custom domain and connect it to your showcase.
In this article:
Customizing a showcase domain
As a Vimeo Pro member or higher you can use a custom domain for your Showcase. Vimeo supports the ability to add another layer of security to your connected custom domain with HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure).
HTTPS transmits its data security using an encrypted connection, ensuring that the connection to your domain is encrypted, and preventing potential attackers from accessing or impersonating your site. When you connect to an HTTPS-secured server, secure sites will automatically redirect you to the HTTPS version.
To set up a custom domain for your Showcase, you can use a domain that you already own (https://my-rad-site.com), set up a subdomain on your existing website (https://showcase.my-rad-site.com), or purchase a new domain to use (https://my-new-site.com).
- Set up your domain – Purchase a domain from a registrar such as DreamHost.com, name.com, or ionos.com. Alternately, you can set up a subdomain on your existing site. Contact your registrar or hosting service for instructions.
- Update your CNAME Record or A Record – If you want your showcase to live on a subdomain (https://showcase.my-rad-site.com), you will need to follow your registrar's instructions for updating your CNAME Record so that it points to vimeoshowcase.com. If you want your showcase to live on your main domain (https://my-rad-site.com), follow your domain registrar’s instructions to set the domain’s A-Record to 220.127.116.11.
If you currently have an HTTP connection set up, it will stay connected to your Showcase.
If you’d prefer to use HTTPS, you’ll need to update the DNS records on your domain provider’s end. The DNS records to update on your domain provider’s end are:
- CNAME: vimeoshowcase.com
- A Record: 18.104.22.168
Note: It may take up to 72 hours for these changes to take effect.
- Update your showcase settings – In your Showcase Settings, enter your domain or subdomain by navigating to Web > Domain > Connect a domain you already own.
- Test your new showcase domain – Open a new browser window and navigate to the domain or subdomain you just set up. You should now see your Showcase! If you don't see it, and it has been more than 72 hours since you updated your CNAME or A-Record, contact your domain registrar for further assistance.
Troubleshooting your custom domain connection
If you’re having trouble connecting your custom domain, there are a number of factors that could be contributing to the issue. The most common causes are:
- Your domain is expired. The first thing you’ll want to do is check with your domain registrar to ensure that your domain is still active and registered with them before continuing. Then, ensure the domain is disconnected from your Showcase, and attempt to connect it again.
- We were unable to issue an SSL certificate to your domain. Sometimes certificates aren’t able to be issued for a number of reasons. We recommend trying to disconnect the domain from your Showcase, then attempting to reconnect it, before completing further troubleshooting.