With Vimeo’s Legal tool, Enterprise account owners and admins can apply a legal hold on specific videos to prevent them from being deleted. This tool helps you preserve your videos while being reviewed in any ongoing litigation.
Enterprise account owners & admins can upload a CSV to apply the legal hold to a set of videos. While videos are under legal hold, they cannot be deleted by a user or by a data retention policy. Once litigation has ended, the legal hold can be removed, and then the Enterprise account owners or admins can remove videos one at a time or upload a CSV to remove the legal hold from the batch of videos.
Navigate to the Settings tab on your team management page and click “Legal Hold” to access the tool. Legal Hold can be applied to videos by uploading CSVs of your clip URLs.
In this article, we will discuss the below features:
- How to apply Legal Hold to your videos
- How to remove Legal Hold from your videos
- How to Download CSV
How to apply Legal Hold to your videos
1. To start with, set up your CSV.
- The header should be video_url.
- You can grab the URLs from the video share link or the video settings page, or the advanced settings page. (You can also add the clip ID if you have that handy)
- Create the list of videos you’d like to apply a legal hold to and save.
2. Click “Upload CSV” in the top right corner. Select “Apply legal hold” and choose your CSV.
3. After you’ve uploaded your CSV, the videos will be suspended in legal hold indefinitely
4. While videos have legal hold applied to them, they cannot be deleted by any user on your team or by a data retention policy.
How to remove Legal Hold from your videos
- To remove the legal hold for individual clips:
- Find the clip on the list and click the three dots over on the right.
- Click on “Remove from legal hold".
2. To remove the legal hold for a batch of clips:
- Create your CSV. The header should be video_url and create a list of your video links.
- Click “Upload CSV”. Select “Remove legal hold” and find your CSV from the desktop browser.
- After uploading your CSV, the list of videos in the CSV will be removed from the legal hold page.
How to Download CSV
- Click “Download CSV” to download a list of clip IDs for all the videos that have legal hold applied to them.