You can edit and enhance any video with a duration of under 10 mins using Vimeo Create editor. The uploaded videos (termed as ready-made videos) will appear as one scene in the editor, that you can edit using all Create Editor features as desired.
Upon saving the changes for the first time the system creates an entirely new Vimeo Create video without tempering with the original video. If you make any further updates to the edited copy, it shall be enlisted on that video alone.
Note: This feature is available for all tiers, unless you’re a Basic account user, in which case you are allowed to have access for a 30 seconds duration limit only in which you can produce clips up to ~10m, but will be blocked on video usage (share, download, etc.).
How to access the edit feature?
1. To access the edit feature, click on the Edit video button in the Video manager page.
2. Upon clicking on the icon, it will open a window allowing you to choose what tool to use:
- Click on ‘Edit video’ to go to the editor (basic tier limitations apply).
- Click on ‘Trim video” to go to our free Trim tool (to trim long duration videos).
3. Go to the editor (source duration will not affect the loading time), the editor is displayed as one scene including the original video. Use the default Video project settings (no style, no music, etc.).
4. After you are done making all the desired edits, click on Save / Preview and watch the resulting video. A new Create video is produced from your video source.