⚠️ Note: This feature is available for all tiers. If you’re a Basic account user, you will be only able to edit videos with a duration of up to 30 seconds. For all other tiers, you will be able to edit videos with a duration of up to 10 minutes. Learn more at 'Compare Vimeo plans'
You can edit and enhance any video with a duration of under 10 minutes using Create editor. Your uploaded videos will appear as one scene in the editor, which you can edit using all Create editor features as desired.
Upon saving the changes for the first time, the system creates an entirely new Create video without changing the original video. If you make any further updates to the edited copy, it will be changed on that video alone.
Accessing Create editor:
1. To access Create editor, click on the Edit video button on the Video manager page for the video that you would like to edit.
2. Upon clicking on the icon, it will open a window allowing you to choose what tool to use:
- Click on ‘Edit video’ to go to the editor (basic tier limitations apply).
- Click on ‘Trim video” to use our free trim tool (to trim long-duration videos).
3. The editor is displayed as one scene including the original video.
4. After you are done making all the desired edits, click on Save / Preview and watch the resulting video. A new Create video is produced from your video source.