Free, Starter, Basic, and Plus users have access to select free templates. All other subscribers have expanded access to templates. Pro members and higher have expanded access to templates. Learn more at 'Compare Vimeo plans
Templates are video creatives pre-made for your use. You can edit templates with your own footage and more to customize it to fit the needs of your video.
To select a template in the Create app:
- From the Home screen, select 'Customize a video template'
- Select a template that you would like to use as the foundation for your video.
- Select 'Edit template' to customize the template for your use. This will bring it into the editing portion of the Create app.
- Edit the template to best fit your video's needs. You can make changes such as adding and changing existing text, uploading your own footage, adding stickers or changing the soundtrack of the video.
The difference between styles and templates:
- Styles add special effects to your videos with specific graphics and transitions. These are creative guidelines for the AI engine while creating and editing the video.
- Templates are pre-made videos that can be customized (or used as is) and can be immediately shared on your website or social media.