Vimeo respects your videos and your right to decide who watches them. Privacy options allow you to upload videos and choose who can see them. Private videos will not show up in search results on Vimeo or in other search engine results.
Here's a short video about the different privacy settings on Vimeo:
To access the privacy settings of your video, click Settings under your video on the video page, then click the Privacy tab.
You can select from the following privacy options to determine who can see your video:
- Anyone - Allow anyone to see this video.
- Only me - Make this video visible to me and no one else
- Only people I follow - Make my videos visible only to people I follow on Vimeo (Note: this setting will make it so that people you follow will see your video in their feeds)
- Only people I choose - I'll select people with whom I want to share this video (Note: this setting will only work for sharing with other Vimeo members you follow)
- Only people with a password (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - Protect this video with a password (Note: you can share password-protected videos with non-Vimeo members).
- Only people with the private link (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - Make video visible only to people who have the link. (Your video cannot appear in channels or groups, and any credits you’ve added will be removed.)
- Hide this video from vimeo.com (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - This video can be embedded on other sites but can’t be viewed on vimeo.com. (Your video cannot appear in channels and groups but can still be added to showcases and portfolios.)
The above privacy settings can also be adjusted for videos in bulk from the video manager by selecting the video(s) and then clicking Privacy. However, please note that the setting "Only people I choose" is not available in bulk due to the level of customization involved.
You can select from the following privacy options for video embedding:
- Anywhere - Enable people to embed this video on any site
- Nowhere - Do not allow anyone to embed this video
- Only on sites I choose (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - I'll specify sites on which people can embed this video
You can select from the following privacy options to determine who can comment on your video:
- Anyone – Allow anyone to leave comments on this video
- No one – Do not allow anyone to comment on this video
- Only people I follow – I want only people I follow to be able to leave comments
Pro, Business, and Premium members can also create video review pages, which are semi-private, unlisted video pages intended for sharing with clients, collaborators, or anyone else you want to share your video with.
Basic members will need to upgrade to a Vimeo Plus, Pro, Business, or Premium membership to unlock all video privacy settings.