Before you add any videos to your Vimeo account, you can configure a default privacy setting for all uploads, as well as adjust the privacy setting on the upload page itself.
Set your upload default privacy settings
- Log into Vimeo and navigate to your upload default settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy section.
- Use the settings here to determine what others can do with your uploaded videos, including:
- Who can watch
- Who can comment
- Where they can be embedded
- Whether viewers can download them
⚠️Note: Videos made with Create are always saved with the following privacy settings by default:
- Basic accounts → Only me
- Plus and higher accounts → Private
- Accounts set to “Private mode” → Hide from Vimeo
The video’s privacy can be updated later on the video page under the Privacy settings. Note that videos created with uploaded music are not manageable and will always have Only me privacy.
Change the privacy setting on the upload page
When you’re on the upload page, the default privacy setting can be found in the upper right corner. Click on that privacy setting indicator to open the privacy panel and choose your new upload’s privacy settings.