Before you add any videos to your Vimeo account, you can configure a default privacy setting for all uploads, as well as adjust the privacy setting on the upload page itself.
In this article:
- Set your upload default privacy settings
- Default privacy settings for Create videos
- Change the privacy setting on the upload page
Set your upload default privacy settings
- Log into Vimeo and navigate to your upload default settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy section.
- Use the settings here to determine what others can do with your uploaded videos, including:
- Who can watch
- Who can comment
- Where they can be embedded
- Whether viewers can download them
Default privacy settings for Create videos
Videos made with Create will always save with the following privacy settings by default:
- Basic accounts → Private
- Plus and higher accounts → Unlisted
- Accounts set to “Private mode” → Hide from Vimeo
The video’s privacy can be updated later on the video page under the Privacy settings. Note that videos created with uploaded music are locked to the Private privacy.
Change the privacy setting on the upload page
When you’re on the upload page, the default privacy setting can be found in the upper right corner. Click on that privacy setting indicator to open the privacy panel and choose your new upload’s privacy settings.