As a Vimeo member, you can customize your profile in several ways. You can add one of your videos (or a clip of one) as a cover video to loop at the top of your profile, choose the order in which your videos appear on the page, and create custom video sections on your profile page to group related videos. You can also upload a profile picture, include a short bio with links to your other sites, and highlight your skills and work to get hired.
In this article:
- Profile Settings
- Cover video
- Adding and arranging profile videos
- Viewing profile videos
- Profile videos on the mobile site and in mobile apps
- Hiding your profile from Vimeo
- Old profile features
On the left side of the profile page, you will find your profile settings which is where you can modify the general information of your profile, your For Hire status (available for Plus and above members) and rate, collaborators, activity list, and collaborators (users who have credited you on their videos).
You can edit most of your profile settings directly on your profile page. Click on the field you want to edit, make the changes, and click out of the field to save the changes. You can click and edit the following:
- Profile pictures (recommended dimensions are 600x600).
- Account Name
- Description that will appear on your bio (2000 characters max)
- Contact Info: Display your email address
- Custom links to social accounts or website(s) (Available for Plus and above): Enter the profile URL from that account and the link will display your username for that account. You can also enter your website URL. Up to five (5) will be displayed before visitors are prompted to “View all,” which will expand the panel to show all of your listed links.
- For hire status (Available for Plus and above): Let others know if you’re available to be hired. You can further edit the specific roles you specialize in and projects you are interested in. Selecting “No” will hide this section from your profile.
- For hire rate: Choose your rate range. You can opt to hide this on your profile by clicking the eyeball icon.
- Clients: List out clients who have hired you in the past, separated by comma. You can opt to hide this on your profile by clicking the eyeball icon.
- Collaborators: Other users that you’ve added credits for in your videos will be listed here.
- Activity: Other information about your account including your showcases, followers, who you’re following, and other collections, all of which visitors can click into and view. They can also see your membership tier, how long you’ve been a member, and the last time you were active on Vimeo in this section.
To create a custom URL (like vimeo.com/staff) for your profile page, head to your account settings. Please note that custom URLs can only include letters and numbers.
Make your Vimeo profile your own and show your viewers a glimpse of your work by adding a custom cover video. You can choose an entire video, or just a clip, to play silently on loop at the top of your profile.
To get started, click Add a cover video at the top of the page. In the module that pops up, select one of your videos — public or private — and click Next.
On the following screen, you have the option to choose the cropped area of your video to display and trim your video so only a portion of it plays back on loop at the top of your profile. Drag and drop the crop area vertically to choose which portion will show on the page. This crop of your video has a max aspect ratio of 1:3.33 — for example, 1920x540 — but will change based on the width of the browser viewing your profile. You can click and drag the blue in and out indicators below the player to set the video’s in and out points. If you want the whole video to play, just click Done without doing anything.
If you ever want to change your cover video, navigate to your profile page. In the upper right corner, select either Replace to open the module and choose a different video, or Remove to remove the cover video (don’t worry, this won’t delete your video from your account).
Cover videos are supported on most desktop browsers but are not supported on mobile browsers.
Adding and arranging profile videos
Your videos are the main focus of your profile page and we want to give you the tools to highlight them.
By default, all of your public videos will be added to your profile page automatically. You can disable this by hovering your cursor between your video rows and selecting Add video.
A module will open; in the lower-left corner, you can toggle off Automatically add public videos. You can then use this module to manually choose which public videos to add to your profile instead.
In the Add videos module, you can also see videos that you’ve appeared in as long as someone has credited you by selecting the Credited videos tab. Select the checkbox next to each video you wish to include on your profile, then click Add.
You can also remove videos from your profile page by hovering your cursor over them and clicking the slash symbol in the upper left corner of the video preview. This will not delete them from your account.
You can customize how your videos appear on your profile page by creating custom sections to group them. To get started, hover your cursor over the space between your videos and click Create section.
Give your section a title. Use the arrows near the right side to move the order of the sections. To delete a section, click on the slash symbol to the right of the arrows.
You can click the drag and drop icon in the upper right corner of each video to rearrange them.
Someone viewing your profile page sees your sectioned videos first. If they want to load more videos, they can do so by clicking Load more at the bottom of the page, which will load up to ten videos at a time as long as you have more videos to show.
To display your entire profile, you have the option to use a horizontal-only grid layout or a brand new masonry grid which supports vertical and square formats. You can switch between the two layouts using the overlay menu in the lower right corner. This menu also includes a preview icon, allowing you to see your profile from another user’s point of view.
Note: At this time, it’s not possible to add new videos and sections if you are in the masonry view. Switch to the grid view to add these to your profile.
Note: The labels at the top of the page originate from the categories you set for each of your videos.
Viewing profile videos
You can view videos directly from the profile page. Click on the video you want to watch and it will expand across your screen. The title and description will appear to the right of the player. You can click into the next or previous video using the buttons below the player.
To return to the profile page, click the X in the upper right corner of the screen.
Profile videos on the mobile site and in mobile apps
If you're looking at your profile videos on the mobile site, you'll notice that they appear in reverse-chronological order according to upload date. If you're logged in to your own account, you'll also see your own private videos in reverse-chronological order.
In the Android and iOS apps, you'll see profile videos in the creator's specified order.
Hiding your profile from Vimeo
If you'd prefer to hide your profile from Vimeo, you'll need to enable Private Mode on your account. Basic and Vimeo Plus members will need to upgrade to Vimeo Pro, Business, or Premium to unlock Private Mode.
Old profile features
Through introducing a new design of profile pages, we had to deprecate previous features including:
- Featured Video
- Pinning Videos
- Profile settings page