Embedding allows you to take your video — or someone else's video — and post it on a web page outside of Vimeo.
For example, you can embed a video on your blog that viewers can watch directly without visiting Vimeo.
Basic members can customize the following features of the embedded player:
- Player size
- Text and play bar colors
- Show or hide your portrait, byline, and video title in the player (note: must be done within the embed code or share box.
Learn more about customizing your video player at 'Customize the video player'.
Select the video from the Library then select the Embed button to get your embed code. The embed code will be copied to your clipboard which you can then paste wherever you'd like to embed your video.
Vimeo paid members enjoy complete control over the embedded player including the options to:
- Show or hide the "Share," "Like," and "Watch Later" buttons
- Show or hide the Vimeo logo, play bar, volume control, and fullscreen buttons
- Embed a background or chromeless video. Learn more at 'Embed background and chromeless videos'.
- Choose what gets displayed after a video finishes playing. Learn more at 'End scenes'.
- Choose which specific sites the video can appear on.
Vimeo paid members to have the power to disable embedding altogether in the privacy settings of their videos. Learn more about upgrading your Vimeo plan at 'Compare Vimeo plans'