Embedding allows you to take your video — or someone else's video — and post it on a web page outside of Vimeo. For example, you can embed a video on your blog and then people can watch your video there without having to visit Vimeo.
Basic members can customize the following features of the embedded player:
- Player size
- Text and play bar colors
- Show or hide your portrait, byline, and video title in the player (note: must be done within the embed code or share box)
To get your video's embed code, select the video from the Video Manager, then click the Embed button. The embed code will be copied to your clipboard which you can then paste wherever you'd like to embed your video.
Vimeo Plus members and higher enjoy complete control over the embedded player including the options to:
- Show or hide the "Share," "Like," and "Watch Later" buttons
- Show or hide the Vimeo logo, play bar, volume control, and fullscreen buttons
- Embed a background or chromeless video (learn more here)
- Choose what gets displayed after a video finishes playing (learn more here)
- Choose which specific sites the video can appear on
Vimeo Plus members and higher have the power to disable embedding altogether in the privacy settings of their videos.
To get complete control over your embed settings, upgrade to Vimeo Plus or higher.