With a showcase, you can organize videos together to share publicly or privately. A showcase is a great way to distribute a collection of videos to any audience. With password protection, you can control exactly who gets to see each one.
In this article:
- Create a showcase
- Add videos to a showcase
- Arrange videos within a showcase
- Remove videos from a showcase
- Add live events (Enterprise only)
- Customize your showcase
- Showcase thumbnails
- Manage the privacy of your showcase
- Locate a link to your showcase landing page
- Allow team members to access showcases on team account
Create a showcase
You can create a new showcase directly from the video manager by clicking the + next to Showcases in the left panel.
You can also open the Showcase folder and click + New Showcase. You’ll be taken to a page where you can input the showcase’s title and description, set its privacy level, and add videos.
Add videos to a showcase
To add a video to a showcase, follow these steps:
- Open the showcase.
- Press the grey + Add Video button.
- Select the content you would like to add to the showcase from the lightbox.
- Press Add to save your changes.
You can also add videos to a showcase by selecting the video(s) in your video manager, clicking on Add to showcases, and choosing the specific showcase in the pop-up lightbox window.
- While your videos can’t appear in more than one folder, you can add videos to more than one showcase.
- While there is no limit to the number of videos one can add to a showcase, please note that at this point in time it is not possible to custom sort a showcase with more than 100 videos.
Arrange videos within a showcase
To arrange videos within a showcase, follow these steps:
- Open the showcase.
- In the drop-down menu above your videos, select the drag and drop option.
- Arrange the videos in the order of your choosing.
You can also arrange your videos in the settings page of your showcase under either the Info & Privacy or Assets tab.
- While you can rearrange the videos within showcases, it isn't possible to rearrange the order of your showcases on your page.
- At this point in time, we don't have a feature that allows for the creation of folders or sub-showcases within showcases.
- It is also not possible, at this time, to change the order in which your showcases appear on your showcase management page. They are organized by the date on which they were created.
Remove a video from a showcase
To remove a video from a showcase, follow these steps:
- Open the showcase.
- Under Assets, click on the three dots to the right of the video you would like to remove.
- Select Remove from the dropdown menu.
💡Removing a video from a showcase won’t remove the video from your Video Manager.
Add a live event to a showcase (Enterprise only)
To add a live event to a showcase, follow these steps:
- Open the Showcase.
- Click Create live event.
- Add an event title and description and set the event frequency and time. If you'd like, you can enable chat during the live event.
- Only one event can be created per Showcase. Learn more.
- The video will not go live until you go live from your live streaming software. More on this here.
Customize your showcase
Vimeo Pro members and higher can customize their showcases to reflect the identity of their brand, project, or presentation.
Once you’ve created your showcase, navigate to the Web tab on the left side to make further changes.
You can make the following customizations to your showcase:
- Choose from two layout templates (three if you are Enterprise)
- Select from a light or dark theme
- Add or remove Vimeo branding
- Upload a custom logo
- Choose an accent color
- Allow or disable downloads
- If you select Featured or Live, you can toggle Continuous play which will dictate whether the following video automatically starts playing
To the right of the settings menu, you'll see a preview of your showcase. You can also click the Preview button to open a new window displaying your showcase as it appears to your viewers.
In addition to the Layout, you can set a custom domain for your showcase by selecting the Domain tab at the top. This allows you to either customize a Vimeo URL or connect your showcase to an existing domain that you already own.
Be sure to click the Save button in the upper right corner before moving on to additional settings.
By default, the cover of a showcase will consist of the video thumbnails from the three first videos inside that showcase. You can edit the thumbnail shown by following these steps:
- Select Assets in the left panel.
- Click Edit thumbnail.
- Choose to manually select a frame from a video in your showcase, generate a thumbnail at random, or upload a custom image file.
Note: Adding a custom thumbnail via the Asset tab will not update the banner image shown on the showcase landing page when using the Featured layout. The banner image will reflect the thumbnail of the first video in your showcase. If you would like to change this image, follow these steps:
- Go to the video's settings page.
- On the General tab, under the "Info" section, choose Edit thumbnail.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu.
Manage the privacy of your showcase
You can designate a showcase’s privacy under the Info & Privacy tab. The options you will see vary by membership tier:
- Basic and Plus: Anyone or Only people with a password
- Pro and above: Anyone, Password, Hide from Vimeo.com
If you’d like to change a showcase’s privacy later, just go to your Video Manager, click Showcases in the left-hand sidebar, select the showcase you want to edit, then visit the “Info & Privacy” tab and open the dropdown menu that appears below the privacy header. All videos within this showcase can now be shared securely.
Note: If any viewers are located in the United Kingdom or European Union and are not logged into a Vimeo account, they will be prompted to log in to watch an unrated video or a video rated “Mature” on vimeo.com.
Locate a link to your showcase landing page
You can locate a link to your showcase landing page by going to your showcase management page and clicking on the eyeball icon on your showcase’s card.
Alternatively, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your showcase’s settings page.
- In the panel on the left, select Web.
- Click the Preview button on the right side of the screen.
Allow team members to access showcases on team account
If you have a team account, admins can help you create, upload, and manage your team's content, including showcases. You can update a team member to the Admin level by clicking the "Manage Team" tab in your Account Settings. You’ll see all your existing team members on this page; from the dropdown menu, you’ll have the option to select Uploader, Contributor, Viewer, or Admin. You can read more about team member permissions here.
iOS and Android apps
You can also view and share showcases from the Vimeo app for Android and iOS. Within each app, visit the home tab (“Home” on Android and the Vimeo logo on iOS) and scroll all the way down to view the showcases on your account. From the app, you’ll be able to view and share any showcase; however, you will not be able to create a new showcase or edit existing ones.
Showcases cannot be viewed or shared to the Vimeo app found on TV devices (Apple TV, Roku, SamsungTV, etc). However, Vimeo members who are Pro and above can insert Showcases into custom-created Roku channels. For more information on setting up a custom app or channel, please visit this article.