With simulcast, you can send your live video on Vimeo to stream simultaneously on Facebook Live, YouTube, LinkedIn, and any custom RTMP destination like Twitch or Periscope.
You can simulcast your stream to up to five integrated destinations (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn) at once. Additionally, you can stream to up to 10 custom RTMP destinations.
Note: If you go live to more than one event on Vimeo simultaneously, you cannot simulcast both events to the same destination (e.g. two streams to the same YouTube channel) at the same time. Only the first one will be accepted.
After creating your event, the left side of your live event settings page includes the Destinations tab, where you can find all your simulcast destination options.
Note: Simulcast settings are account-level rather than event-level. In other words, when you configure simulcast settings for an event on Vimeo, those settings will apply to all of your events automatically.
- Vimeo: You can click Share to copy the event link or embed code to your clipboard and paste it anywhere you'd like to share it. View will open the event page in a new window.
- Facebook: Connect your Vimeo account to a Facebook account and stream to your Page or Profile.
- YouTube: Connect your Vimeo account to a YouTube account and stream to your YouTube channel.
- LinkedIn: Connect your Vimeo account to a LinkedIn account. Note that LinkedIn will need to approve your account in order to stream to your profile or company page.
- RTMP: Stream directly to any other destination such as Twitch, Periscope and Twitter, and many others.
- Note: It is not possible to simulcast to Instagram from Vimeo. This is because Instagram only allows for streaming directly from the Instagram app at this time.
Once you've connected to your desired streaming destination(s), proceed with going live to Vimeo as normal. Note that some providers will require you to additionally push the stream live from their portal or application in order for it to be live on that destination.