PowerPoint presentations can be made into MP4 video files, which can then be uploaded to Vimeo (Note: If you are using a Mac, the “Create a video” feature is only available to Office 365 subscribers. Learn more here.)
Instructions for PowerPoint 2016 or higher:
- With your presentation open, click on File>> Export and choose Create a Video from the list of options.
- Choose Presentation Quality for the highest quality file.
- Unless you have recorded a narration with set slide durations, choose "Don’t Use Recorded Timings and Narrations."
- Click Create Video once you’ve made your selections.
- In the new box that appears, enter your desired file name and select a location to save your video file. Pick somewhere that you will remember — for example, your Desktop. Under Save as type, be sure to choose MPEG-4 Video from the dropdown menu (Note: WMV is not recommended).
- Hit Save to begin exporting.
- Once your video is finished, view your final file to make sure it looks and sounds correct. We recommend using Quicktime or VLC player. If everything looks good, open a browser, and then upload your file to Vimeo via vimeo.com/upload.
💡Tip: If you experience issues after your video finishes uploading to Vimeo (for example, out-of-sync audio or video glitches), try running your video through another encoding program like Handbrake (handbrake.fr). You can find instructions for using Handbrake here.