You can connect your Vimeo account to LinkedIn to stream to your profile or company page, including scheduled events. Please note that you need to follow LinkedIn Live Video Access Criteria in order to broadcast to LinkedIn from Vimeo.
In this article:
Connect LinkedIn to Vimeo
1. To connect your LinkedIn account to Vimeo, create your live event, then go to the Destinations tab.
2. Click Connect (or Reconnect) next to LinkedIn.
3. Choose if you want to stream as a Member (to your own profile) or as an Administrator (to your company page you must be an administrator of that LinkedIn page in order to stream to it).
4. You will then be brought to the connected apps page in your Vimeo Account Settings. Connect to LinkedIn.
5. Allow the permissions to connect your Vimeo account to your LinkedIn account. Once you are done, you will see a confirmation window; click Back to event.
Set LinkedIn as a streaming destination
1. Click the Add button next to LinkedIn on the live event settings page to open the LinkedIn streaming settings window.
2. If you have multiple options, select the desired destination (i.e. your profile page or a company page).
3. If you want to stream to a scheduled event on LinkedIn (or create one), click the Schedule toggle switch to see more options. You can then either select an event you already created on your LinkedIn page or profile, or select New stream to schedule a new event on LinkedIn.
4. If you select New stream, schedule the event under the Start date field. Click on the date to open the scheduler tool, where you can pick a date on the calendar.
5. To set a time, click the time at the bottom of the window and use the arrows to adjust the start time.
6. Once you select Save, a post will be created on LinkedIn promoting your scheduled event.
⚠️Note: LinkedIn does not allow users to edit the event start time. You also must go live no sooner than 15 minutes of your start time and no later than two hours after the start time.
7. Make sure the toggle is enabled on Vimeo to ensure your stream is pushed to LinkedIn when you go live. If you are streaming to a scheduled event on LinkedIn, you won't be able to do this until 15 minutes prior to your start time.
⚠️Note: If you are applying for a company page, be sure to include the LinkedIn profile URLs and emails of all of the page's admins in the application. If an admin attempts to stream to a company page and hasn't been included in the application, they will not be able to go live even if the company page has been approved.
Go live to LinkedIn
When you’re ready, follow the standard workflow to go live on Vimeo. Your stream will automatically simulcast to LinkedIn. You may notice a slight delay in the stream being available on LinkedIn since it takes 20-30 seconds for the stream to get to LinkedIn before the post is created.
If you created or selected an event, the stream will appear in that event's post.
⚠️Note: You can only stream to one destination on LinkedIn (i.e. a company page or a profile page); it’s not possible to stream to multiple LinkedIn destinations at once.