Whether you've chosen to use a template or created a video from scratch, clicking "Edit" from the preview will bring you to the editor, which is where you can make modifications to your video before you publish. There are many tools here, so let’s break them down:
Section 1: Adding new video elements and styles
On the left column (marked 1 in the image), you can add new elements such as text, stickers, new media scene, and title scene. You can also change any of the pre-selected styles, music, ratio, palette, or (for Business and Premium users) brand elements that you picked out in the initial creation phases. This will apply changes to the entire video, and not to individual scenes.
- Add & Edit Text: Click on “Text” to add text to your scene.
- Add Sticker Overlay: Click on “Sticker” to open a gallery of existing stickers or upload your own. Note: you can add up to 10 stickers to each scene.
- Styles: Click on “Styles” button to change the style of your video at any point during the editing process.
- Music: Click on the music note button to change the music of your video at any point during the editing process.
- Ratio: Click on the “Format” button to change the orientation of your video at any point during the editing process. Vimeo Create currently supports 3 video formats/aspect ratios: Portrait (9:16), Square (1:1) and Landscape (16:9)
- Palette: Click on the palette button to choose from existing color palettes or create your own color palette.
- Brand Kit: Business and Premium users can click on the Brand Kit icon to upload custom logos and color palettes, change the font, and add an outro message. (Please note that at this time, it's not possible to upload a custom font, only select from the existing fonts in the system.)
Section 2: Scene Inspector
On the right column (marked 2 in the image) is the inspector. Here, you can change the layout of the selected scene and edit the media, including trimming, changing the duration of the scene, and replacing the media.
Selecting a video scene will give you the options to change the layout, trim the video clip to change its duration, and replace the scene altogether.
- Layout changes will change the video and background position.
- Trim will give you the ability to modify the part of the video that is used, and change the duration of the scene.
- Replacing the scene will open the media gallery where you can select a new media for the scene.
Selecting an image scene instead of a video scene will give you the options to change the layout and duration, and replace the scene.
Selecting a text scene will give you the option to change the duration.
Section 3: Storyboard
The storyboard on the bottom (marked 3 in the image) is where you can re-order, trim, hide, and delete your media. Clicking on your media will bring up the option to click the "..." menu, where several actions appear depending on the type of media. Clicking on an image will give you the options to either hide or delete the image. Clicking on a video will give you the options to trim, mute (if audio is present), hide, and delete the video. You can also drag and drop to reorganize the selected media in the storyboard.
- Add Media Scene: Click on the blue plus button and “Media Scene” to open the media gallery. The new scene will be added after the selected scene.
- Add Title Scene: Click on the blue plus button and “Title Scene” to add a text slide after the selected scene.
- Trim: Our AI will automatically determine sections and lengths of a video to use in your video. To modify a scene from these selections, click on “Trim”. This will pull up the entire clip and you can use the slider to determine the section and length of the clip that you’d like to use in that scene.
- Mute/Unmute: This will mute or unmute the sound on a scene.
- Hide/Show: This will hide or show the scene in the video.
- Delete: This will delete the scene from the video.
- Add outro card: The outro card is part of the brand kit. You can add a call to action to the end of your video to prompt viewers to take action.
You can also utilize Vimeo Create’s ‘Cutaways’ feature to display a video or image during your Create video, while playing the audio of another video over it.
This is how we define these clips:
A-roll - The parent video scene that is hosting the B-rolls. This video’s audio channel will play during the whole sequence.
Cutaway (B-roll) - Scenes intercutting the A-roll video.
The Vimeo Create engine will automatically create this cutaway effect when you drag a shorter clip on top of a longer one in the storyboard. That being said, there are a few conditions:
- Be a video scene
- Have a duration greater than 7 seconds
- Have an audio track
- Have a duration that fits into the available “free” duration of the A-roll clip
Section 4: The Stage
The stage is the center of the page where all the changes you make are shown as you make them. Clicking on the stage will surface a play button in the bottom left corner where you can preview each scene. You can also add a logo to the scene by clicking “Add Logo” in the top left corner of the stage. This will surface the brand kit.
Note: Remember to save any changes you make on this page in order to save it in your drafts!