Vimeo Create automatically sets your video's orientation based on the majority of your photos and video clips (51% of your footage). A landscape video will be created if 51% of your selected raw footage is landscape.
In this article:
- Aspect ratios supported by Vimeo Create
- Set your video's orientation during the creation process for web
- Change video orientation on mobile
- Start from scratch
Aspect ratios supported by Vimeo Create
Vimeo Create supports the following orientations and aspect ratios:
- Landscape - 16:9 (1920×1080, 1280×720, etc.)
- Portrait - 9:16 (1080x1920, 720x1280, etc.)
- Square - 1:1 (1080x1080, 720x720, etc.)
Set your video's orientation during the creation process for web
1. To set your video's orientation during the video creation process, tap on “Ratio: Auto”.
2. Choose between Landscape, Square and Portrait.
3. Tap on “Next” at the bottom right hand side to proceed to the next step.
⚠️Note: Setting your video's format during the video creation process is currently only available on the Web version. You will be able to change your video's ratio on all platforms during the video editing process.
Change video orientation on mobile
To change the orientation of your video on the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the video on the app.
- Tap the paintbrush icon at the bottom of the video player.
- Tap Format.
- Select the aspect ratio you'd like to use.
- Tap Done.
Start from scratch
If you choose the "Start from scratch" option when creating your video, you will be able to choose the video orientation under "Format" on the left-hand side on web: