You can take a video or a previous event’s archive from your account and stream it live using our browser-based broadcaster page, giving you the ability to stream prerecorded content without the need for an external application.
In this article
- Add a video to your event
- Add a video to a scene
- Configure video volume and scene transition
- Playback the video during your event
- Remove a video from an event
Add a video to your event
💡Tip: You can also do this directly from your video’s settings page, creating a new event and automatically inserting that video into the first scene.
After creating your recurring event or webinar, open the Manage production menu then select Stream with Vimeo. You will be on our browser-based broadcaster page where you can produce your event.
To add your video:
- On the left side, click the Videos icon.
- Click Add video. A window will open with videos uploaded to your Vimeo account.
- Select the video(s) you want to add to your event. You can also use the search bar to find your video.
- Click Add when done. The video(s) will appear in the panel.
If you don’t see your video in the event videos list:
- Currently, only videos that the account owner uploaded to the account will appear in the list. Videos that team members uploaded do not appear.
- As a workaround, the owner can download those videos and then re-upload them to the account.
💡Tip: After adding your video to the event, hover your cursor over it, click the ••• menu that appears, then click Preview to open the video in a new window to watch it. This is helpful to ensure you have the correct video selected and that you’re satisfied with it prior to adding it to your event.
Add a video to a scene
Once you’ve added a video to your event, you need to add it to a scene in order for your viewers to see it. A scene can only include one video at a time.
- At the bottom of the broadcaster page, click Add scene to create a new blank scene. Click it again to select the scene.
- In the Videos panel, select the video you want to add to the scene.
- Click and drag the video into the preview player to add it to the selected scene. Alternatively, hover over the video, click ••• then click Add to scene.
Configure video volume and scene transition
Once your video is in the scene, click the Video button below the preview player to see more control options.
First, you can see a volume option next to the play button. This will control the output volume of the video in your stream. For example, if a guest speaker needs to talk over a video, you can lower the video’s volume so you can hear the presenter more clearly. You can also adjust this while your stream is live.
Next is a Transition drop-down menu. There are three options to choose from here:
- Manual: This is the default setting. This means that at the end of playback, the video will display a thumbnail and you will need to manually select the next scene and click Send to stream to move your event forward.
- Auto: Choosing this will automatically advance to the next scene in your timeline.
- Loop: Choose this if you want your video to restart from the beginning as soon as playback reaches the end.
Playback the video during your event
After you’ve added a video to a scene, you can switch that scene into your event to show the video to your viewers live.
First, make sure you’ve clicked Start event to start streaming live to your audience.
To playback your video:
- Below the preview player, click on the scene that contains the video.
- Click Send to stream.
- The video will switch into the stream output and start playing for your audience automatically.
💡Tip: You can control the video’s volume by selecting Video below the preview player, then click and drag the volume controls.
- When playback ends, the video will either display a thumbnail, transition to the next scene, or loop. This depends on the transition setting you chose as described above.
⚠️Note: At this time, any subtitles or captions you've included in your uploaded video will not be displayed when playing it back live.
If you need to restart the video, click the reset button below the preview player to jump back to the beginning, then click the play icon to start playback from the beginning.
Remove a video from an event
If you don’t need a video anymore, click on the scene the video is in. Then you can:
- Open the Videos panel.
- Hover over the video and click the corresponding ••• menu.
- Click Remove from scene to remove it from the selected scene.
If you want to remove it from the event entirely, click Remove from event, which will take it out of the Videos panel.