You can take a video or a previous event’s archive from your account and stream it live using our browser-based broadcaster page, giving you the ability to stream prerecorded content without the need for an external application.
Note that this feature is only supported for recurring events and webinars. If you create a one-time event, you will need a separate streaming application (such as Livestream Studio) to import and playback your media clip.
In this article
- Add a video to your event
- Add a video to a scene
- Playback the video during your event
- Remove a video from an event
Add a video to your event
After creating your recurring event or webinar, open the Manage production menu then select Stream with Vimeo. You will be on our browser-based broadcaster page where you can produce your event.
To add your video:
- On the left side, click the Videos icon.
- Click Add video. A window will open with videos uploaded to your Vimeo account.
- Select the video(s) you want to add to your event. You can also use the search bar to find your video.
- Click Add when done. The video(s) will appear in the panel.
If you don’t see your video in the event videos list:
- Currently, only videos that the account owner uploaded to the account will appear in the list. Videos that team members uploaded do not appear.
- As a workaround, the owner can download those videos and then re-upload them to the account.
💡Tip: After adding your video to the event, hover your cursor over it, click the ••• menu that appears, then click Preview to open the video in a new window to watch it. This is helpful to ensure you have the correct video selected and that you’re satisfied with it prior to adding it to your event.
Add a video to a scene
Once you’ve added a video to your event, you need to add it to a scene in order for your viewers to see it. A scene can only include one video at a time.
- At the bottom of the broadcaster page, click Add scene to create a new blank scene. Click it again to select the scene.
- In the Videos panel, select the video you want to add to the scene.
- Click and drag the video into the preview player to add it to the selected scene. Alternatively, hover over the video, click ••• then click Add to scene.
Playback the video during your event
After you’ve added a video to a scene, you can switch that scene into your event to show the video to your viewers live.
First, make sure you’ve clicked Start event to start streaming live to your audience.
To playback your video:
- Below the preview player, click on the scene that contains the video.
- Click Send to stream.
- The video will switch into the stream output and start playing for your audience automatically.
⚠️Note: At this time, any subtitles or captions you've included in your uploaded video will not be displayed when playing it back live.
When the video reaches the end, the scene will stay live on the last frame of the video, so be sure you have your next scene ready and select Send to stream when your video finishes to switch to the next scene and proceed with your event. If your event only includes the video, click End in the upper right corner to stop the stream.
There is currently no way to automatically switch to the next scene after a video ends, or to loop your video’s playback.
If you need to restart the video, click the reset button below the preview player to jump back to the beginning, then click the play icon to start playback from the beginning.
Remove a video from an event
If you don’t need a video anymore, click on the scene the video is in. Then you can:
- Open the Videos panel.
- Hover over the video and click the corresponding ••• menu.
- Click Remove from scene to remove it from the selected scene.
If you want to remove it from the event entirely, click Remove from event, which will take it out of the Videos panel.