When creating an overlay within interactive, the image widget can add individual images or carousel galleries to your overlays. You can upload your own images (which will be placed in your asset dashboard), and choose the way your gallery is presented.
To add an image or gallery of images to your overlay:
- In the overlay editor, click Image on the left-hand side of your video.
- Choose to upload an image or pick one from your existing images already in your asset dashboard.
- Choose just one image or from multiple images to create a gallery.
- Click Choose to place your selected images.
Resize the image container by clicking and dragging the lower right-hand corner of the container. You can also click and drag the container to reposition it within your overlay.
When the image container is selected, you can adjust the following settings:
- Replace images: Clicking this will reopen the image menu, allowing you to add or remove images from the container
- Autoplay: The images will automatically slide through the container for your viewers.
- Controls: Enabling this will allow your viewers to manually click through the images in the gallery.
- Numbers: Will display which number out of the total number of images in the gallery the viewer is seeing (e.g. 1/5, 2/5, 3/5).
- Thumbnails: Will display all the image thumbnails below the carousel.
- Image action: If you want something to happen when your viewers click or tap on the image container, open this dropdown menu an choose from Open URL, Jump to a time in the video, or Close overlay. By default, No action is selected.
- Dynamic element image: If you've added a REST API to your overlay, selecting it will integrate it with this image.
- Position & Size: Another option to change the position and size of the image container within the overlay.
⚠️ Note: The Replace Image button can also be used to create a gallery of images rather than just replace a single image. Clicking on Replace Image and selecting a different image adds another image to the gallery.
To replace an image completely, you will first need to deselect the previously selected image by either deselecting the image in the picker or by deselecting the thumbnail of the picture and selecting a new image to replace it.
What image file types are supported in overlays?
You can upload the following image file types:
- .gif (including animated)
- .svg (including animated)
Currently Vimeo interactive does not do any scaling on images uploaded so be sure to prepare your images for the web (i.e. reduce file size) before uploading them.