Copyright Law and Infringement
- What is a copyright?
- What does it mean to hold a copyright?
- Do I have to register my copyright with the government?
- Do I have to include a copyright logo (©) to maintain my copyright?
- Can I use someone else’s copyrighted work in my own work?
- Are my videos safe from piracy?
- What is fair use?
- Does fair use give me free reign to reuse any material I want without getting permission?
- Who decides what does and does not count as fair use?
- How is fair use determined? What are the “four factors”?
- What do the four fair use factors mean?
- How does Fair Use apply to parody?
- Video and Account Takedowns on Vimeo
- What is the DMCA?
- I found a video on Vimeo that infringes my copyright. What can I do?
- When can I expect the video to be removed?
- My video was removed due to a DMCA notice, but I own all of the copyrights in the video. What can I do?
- What is a copyright strike?
- What is Creative Commons?
- How do I add Creative Commons licensing to my video?
- How do I put licenses on all my awesome videos at once?
- What do the different Creative Commons licenses mean?
- Can I search by Creative Commons licenses?
- I want to use a video I saw on Vimeo. Do I need permission?
- Vimeo SOC Type 2 compliance
- Where can I learn more about privacy on Vimeo?
- Is Vimeo HIPAA compliant?
- Can Vimeo fill out a security audit form from my organization?
- How does Vimeo handle privacy complaints?
- Someone on Vimeo has posted a video of me and I don’t want it on the internet. What can I do?
- How does Vimeo define hateful, harassing, defamatory, and discriminatory content?
- What’s up with Vimeo’s stance on marketing videos?
- How does Vimeo determine the difference between pornography and artistic or non-sexual nudity?
- What does Vimeo consider commercial content of an erotic nature?
- How does Vimeo deal with violent content?
- Someone is using a video I uploaded to Vimeo without my permission. What do I do?